Sunday, December 30, 2007

I am a PADI Certified Diver

I went to Similan Islands to learn diving during December 23-29, 2007. We stayed in Phuket for one night and left early in Tuesday morning to Tublamu pier to take a speed boat to a boat that we would stay for 3 nights. I was seasick while I was staying on the boat and I could not read anything so dive instructor had to read book for me and teach diving theory verbally. Finally, I passes the test and certified the PADI Open Water Diver. However, I need more practice since I still can not control my bouyancy well. Under the sea, I almost kicked P.Ou and a Korean guy, and I had to move forward all the time otherwise I would sink, P.Ou and Noon were so tried to swam after me. Anyway, it is an enjoyable experience. The instructor said I should dive again in a couple months to refresh all those I have learned.
We were back to Phuket on Thursday afternoon and stayed in Phuket for a night in order for the body to decompress as recommended by the PADI.

See some photos from underwater at my web albums at http://picasaweb.google.com/arthivon/SimilanDec07

At a corner on the boat, I was studying with Dive Instructor, Kru Blackie, he is a funny guy, always makes me feel relax while diving under the sea.

I was sleeping in captain room because of seasick.

During practice open water dive 2.

Fun Dive with family.

Leisure on boat after diving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.