Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wedding Ceremony

Yes! I was proposed on Feb 29, 2004, the bissextile day.
For the ceremony, I knew that he thought about a simple, small party with only relatives and close friends. However, I am the only one child and my parents have lots of friends, so I had to balance their needs by organizing the proper and simple party. I went to see a Chinese Master to find the auspicious wedding date, which was July 6, 2003; I had plenty of times for preparation. We estimated that there were not more than 500 guests for evening banquet, and to be convenience, we decided to do all the ceremonies at the hotel, so we looked for place which was in CBD and had good food with reasonable price. We selected Dusit Thani Hotel, Saladaeng Room for morning session and Dusit Thani Hall for evening session.

I have been told that bride and groom would be tired in preparing the ceremony. Things went on easy for us. One month before wedding day, invitation cards were distributed by hand, post, and e-mail and some by assistance of our relatives and friends. One day before wedding day, I remembered that it was the closing day of NHA securitization II so I worked in the morning, went to spa for 3 hours in the afternoon, and then to beauty salon. I also visited Pomme to say happy birthday to Nong Mook, Pomme’s second daughter, at the hospital.

Monks were invited, by phone, for the Buddhist ceremony for the morning session. The monk was so kind to me, he knew me since I was a little girl; he said he would come by taxi. How nice he was.

On July 6, 2004, the ceremony started at 6.30 a.m. with monks blessing and Rod-Nam-Sang event. It finished around 10.30 a.m. I went to noodle shop at Sukhumvit 26 and came back to take a nap at the hotel before beautician came to dress me up for the evening party.


The evening party took 4 hours of standing, greeting, and smiling. More guests than we were expected, the room was crowd. I did not have a chance to visit the food stalls to see how they looked, but many guests said the food were good. P.Ohm was an MC; Khun Pakhawat and my godfather gave the speech. Traditionally, I expressed thanks to my family and P.Ou’s for their support, and also all the guests who came to the party, it was long for 1.5 minutes but P.Ou just said thank you, guests made loud buzz.

I believe it's the beginning of happy ending story.

No comments: